Saturday, September 19, 2009

Private school princess.

Maybe it's because of my recent obsession with Gossip Girl, but suddenly, I'm totally in to everything "prep school with a twist." For example:

The Academy for Wayward Girls: 16-year-old NYC private school attendee designs a one-of-a-kind clothing line inspired by tweaks on her own uniform.
Hollister Hovey: antiquarian blogger and recent feature of a New York Times piece.
Tanner Hall: upcoming film by Diane von Furstenburg's daughter, Tatiana.
Gossip of the Starlings: Algonquin book that I really liked about friendship and destruction at a New England prep school.

I played around on my favorite sites with the schoolgirl look. For example, on Polyvore, I played around with looks only using mall chain American Eagle.

I really want the leather jacket.


Or this on Looklet:


I would totally try to pull these looks off if I were still in school. Now it just seems a bit off for a 25-year-old to be walking around in knee socks. However, this fall, I might try the ankle socks + heels trend that's reappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment