Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"If I were a boy..."

If I were a boy.

I'd wear all the classics: Mascot eyeglasses, Levi's 501s, Clarks Desert Boots, Paul Smith socks, brown leather belt, gingham shirt.

I'd read these blogs:
The Sartorialist (in moderation)
The Selvedge Yard
A Continuous Lean.
Edited to add:
The Impossible Cool.
(1,001) Rules for My Unborn Son. (any guy's social bible.)
Ivy Style
The Selby

I'd subscribe to:
Esquire
dwell
The New Yorker
McSweeney's

On my bookshelf:
Bukowski
Hemingway
Kerouac
Faulkner
Vonnegut
Hornby
Klosterman
Sedaris
Eggers
Martel
Chabon
McEwan

On the stereo:
Thelonius Monk
Neil Young
Jimi Hendrix
Charles Mingus
Otis Redding
Johnny Cash
Al Green
Joao Gilberto

Style icons:
James Dean
Steve McQueen
early Marlon Brando

Basically, I'd be a little bit cliched, but a lot awesome.

2 comments:

emilycarrsdog said...

Posting from Petersburg: I love this! (still in town, but leaving tomorrow for halibut grounds. Such bad weather!)

Brittany said...

They have women's desert boots here on the payless site. I love them and trying to figure out how to wear them.

Post a Comment