There's been a lot of talk of weekends in my house lately, as the time when my roommate leaves to become a brilliant architect looms nearer. She's been listing all the things she wants to do around town while she's still a resident of Charleston and I'm more than happy to accompany her. In the spirit of her "must-do" list making, here are some things on my Memorial Day Weekend to do list:
- fall asleep and/or wake up to a thunderstorm
- take an early morning walk down to my favorite pier on the Ashley River (with a thermos of coffee)
- cook at least one extravagant breakfast (sweet? savory? so many decisions...)
- Go to Sugar for one of their delicious homemade peach popsicles
- spend a shameful amount of time lounging: in bed, at the beach, on a blanket in a park--I have no preference
- enjoy drinks with friends on a rooftop, patio, or both
- no pants: skirts and dresses only, all weekend
- finally finish The Historian
I'll leave you with Regina Spektor covering Radiohead's "No Surprises" to help you daydream your Friday away.
Happy Three-Day Weekend!