Friday, May 28, 2010

The most beautiful phrase...

...right now, as far as I'm concerned, is "three day weekend." It's Friday, the day that nearly screams potential and possibility. Friday is a straight-up free-for-all.

There's been a lot of talk of weekends in my house lately, as the time when my roommate leaves to become a brilliant architect looms nearer. She's been listing all the things she wants to do around town while she's still a resident of Charleston and I'm more than happy to accompany her. In the spirit of her "must-do" list  making, here are some things on my Memorial Day Weekend to do list:

  • fall asleep and/or wake up to a thunderstorm
  • take an early morning walk down to my favorite pier on the Ashley River (with a thermos of coffee)
  • cook at least one extravagant breakfast (sweet? savory? so many decisions...)
  • Go to Sugar for one of their delicious homemade peach popsicles 
  • spend a shameful amount of time lounging: in bed, at the beach, on a blanket in a park--I have no preference
  • enjoy drinks with friends on a rooftop, patio, or both
  • no pants: skirts and dresses only, all weekend
  • finally finish The Historian 
This only the tip of the iceberg as far as my to do list goes, but it'll do for now.


I'll leave you with Regina Spektor covering Radiohead's "No Surprises" to help you daydream your Friday away.



Happy Three-Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment