Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thoughts from the sheets.

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it."
~Roald Dahl


Labor Day Weekend always feels like summer's last hurrah even though there are still weeks of warm weather ahead of us. I spent Saturday at a swank beach house, trying to figure out how to smuggle all the amazing art out of the house under my bathing suit. We smelled like sunscreen and sand and saltwater and Corona and we laughed and talked and dove into waves and swam laps in the pool and lounged in the sun and watched a puppy nap under the bushes. A pretty idyllic day, I'd say.

This morning, I'm lazing in bed listening to music and reading quotes from a lot of people who are much smarter than me.

"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
~E.B. White




So now, I'm going to kick myself out of bed after listening to one more song, and ponder the possibilities of today.


"We are an impossibility in an impossible universe."
~Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment