Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend wonders.

This, to me, is wildly cool. If you don't feel like going to the video's main page, I've copied and pasted its creator's message about it, below.

Birds on the Wires from Jarbas Agnelli on Vimeo.


Reading a newspaper, I saw a picture of birds on the electric wires. I cut out the photo and decided to make a song, using the exact location of the birds as notes (no Photoshop edit). I knew it wasn't the most original idea in the universe. I was just curious to hear what melody the birds were creating. I sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who I Googled on the internet. He told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in the very same newspaper. Here I've posted a short video made with the photo, the music and the score (composed by the birds). Music made with Logic. Video made with After Effects.


Also, if you haven't ever spent a Sunday on a sailboat, staring back at the city you're wildly in love with and watching dolphins swim beside you, you need to. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment