Yet, as much as I love Charleston's balmy weather, it's totally throwing me off. To me, it feels like late September has lasted for over two months. Even though I'm already making realistic and fantasy Christmas wish lists, overall I feel completely in denial that Christmas is just over a month away.
Here are some things that are helping me get into the holiday spirit despite the mild weather:
- Anthropologie's Snow House, and the outfits that go in it.
- The song "All That I Want" by The Weepies...it's a Christmas song, but I secretly listen to it throughout the year because it's so sweet.
- Lake Champlain Chocolates' Aztec Hot Chocolate.
- Seeing my family...I used to visit them at least one weekend a month, but it's been over four months since I've seen them! Six days until they're here!
- Watching the Christmas decorations go up around downtown.