Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goodwill Hunting

I mentioned in my last post that I was compiling my finds from my last thrift trip and I thought I'd share:

Why buy only one skinny belt when you can get three?


Two wicker purses...I especially love the blue chain-link cross-body bag.


Vintage Coach bag. Mmm...well-worn leather.


Cute little black shirtdress. I feel a little bit Audrey in this. I need to learn to tie better bows.


And, the pièce de résistance--the beaded, sequined sweater that I bought for Elizabeth's (update your blog, woman!) ugly sweater party. I am actually going to wear this to every holiday party from now through New Years. I'm not shrugging, by the way. The shoulder pads are just that high.

This is how the sweater makes me feel inside:
Completely overwhelmed...oy vey...what a sweater! The elderly woman ahead of me in the checkout line was dying of envy when she saw this. She suggested I wear this sweater with a pair of gray, wide-leg crepe pants and tell everyone I got it for $300.

I got it for $300, you guys. Not $3.49 plus tax. Nope.



3 comments:

i'm cathy. said...

nice finds!
i have some things for you when you come and visit... maybe you can sell em with the rest of your awesome vintage stuff when you start your store.

Sara Logan Photo said...

LOVE the title and the finds - especially the three skinny belts idea.

Sabrina said...

Thanks! I love the thrill of the hunt!

Post a Comment