Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rachel Getting Married


I put off seeing this movie for a while because while it got a lot of critical acclaim, I had several friends who hated it. Hated it to the point where they walked out, or at least thought about walking out. However, today my curiosity got the best of me and I finally watched it. (Thanks Neflix Instant!)


I loved this movie. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Anne Hathaway was incredible. I disliked her, I liked her, I hated her, I liked her. She completely embodied Kim, the recovering addict who doesn't know where she fits in to her family or her own life/being.

I also don't remember the last time I cried in a movie, but this one got me. Big time. Like, a lot. When Sydney (played by the lead singer of TV on the Radio?!?)  sings Neil Young's "Unknown Legend" to Rachel...whoof.

In summary, see this movie. Watch it. It is so so so good. I also want to have the group of friends that Rachel and Sydney did--those are the kind of people you want to be surrounded with. Whole thing is awesome.

1 comment:

Alexandrialeigh said...

I loved it too! That scene where one sister bathes the other...heartbreaking.

Post a Comment