Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a wonderful world.

My weekend consisted of: gingham shirts and pinstriped blazers, celebration, liters of beer, oysters and mussels, tables full of friends, temporary tattoos, jukebox dancing, "Suspended in Gaffa," great conversations, early Saturday Santi's patronage, that boy who you just know is going to get under your skin, peanut butter in the juicer, mix tapes, sweater-pants, Youth in Revolt, and more than I can put into words.

You see, this weekend I had a little birthday gathering. While my various groups of friends in Charleston are generally disparate, this was a time when the majority of them were gathered under one roof. And it was a blast! (Well, I don't know about the others, but it was for me, at least.) More than that, seeing that many people come together to have a drink and a laugh with me cemented my feelings: Charleston is my home and this is exactly where I need to be right now. Maybe not in the coming years, but for now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than sitting in the middle of a long wooden table picking out temporary tattoos, sharing tales, and drinking beer by the liter with people I care about. Because this is my blog and I can be as sappy as I want, I'll go ahead and say this: I haven't felt this loved in ages. What a way to start another year of life.

A Change Is Gonna Come by christoff

No comments:

Post a Comment