Saturday, August 8, 2009

Away from Her

This morning, after a walk with the pup, I made a pot of coffee and a boiled egg and watched Away from Her. I've had this movie on my queue for ages, and once delivered, it sat waiting to be watched for another few weeks. I knew before I even saw this movie that it was going to be stirring, and boy was I right. It took me a while to be ready to watch it.

I've been a fan of Sarah Polley ever since she played the Story Girl, Sara Stanley, on the Road to Avonlea. I've also loved the independent films she's been in. But to have written and directed a film so spare and beautiful shakes me to the core. She's only five years older than me, but she's crafted a story about a relationship built over more than forty years that continues even after the disintegration of memory.

Watch this film.




Images from IGN.

No comments:

Post a Comment