Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dear God, I Need to Go to Spain

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I watch WAY too much television. I love it. Blame it on my rich fantasy life.

The latest thing I'm hooked on is Spain...On the Road Again.


Spain...On the Road Again takes Mario Batali (chef), Mark Bittman (food writer for The New York Times), Gwyneth Paltrow (actress) and Claudia Bassols (Spanish actress) across Spain to show the highlights of the country's cuisine. This show is filled with the most beautiful Spanish architecture, lush scenery and food that looks so fresh that you might find yourself licking the screen. Not only that, but you get to watch two incredibly beautiful (and incredibly thin) women stuffing their faces with paella, lamb, clams, and any and all other Spanish cuisine. It's torture. Also, who knew that Gwyneth can speak fluent Spanish? Apparently, she studied abroad in Spain and has been officially adopted by one of the regions. I hate her. The cinematography is fantastic and the show is so color-saturated that it makes everything look that much more beautiful. Watch it. I spend an hour in total envy of the fact that they are getting paid to eat food, look gorgeous (the ladies, at least) and explore one of the most beautiful countries in the world. How can I get a job like this? Travel Channel...are you hiring? What about you, Food Network? Does anyone have any connections?


Here's a little taste of the show (pun intended), so you can see what you're missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment