Thursday, September 4, 2008

When I Grow Up, I Want to Be a Fashion Designer

I usually love American Express commercials anyway (kudos to their Marketing Dept.), and when I saw this one, I was absolutely in love. Having her as the guest judge on Project Runway last night was awesome, because they played this commercial on every break and I still didn't get tired of it.



I love how they take away the corporate feel that seems to be so tightly bound to fashion these days...they make it seem more like the dreamy, inspired ideal that you dream about when you're little.

Who wants to buy me the gorgeous black and white gown the model wears around the end of the ad?

Edit: The dress is pictured below.



What do you want to be when YOU grow up?

4 comments:

ChandlerMartin said...

I want to be your lover when I grow up!

Quintessential_Laura said...

looooooooove DVF. That commercial is so cute and maybe we can split the dress and share it because I'm pretty sure I need that in my wardrobe as well.

Sabrina said...

I would love splitting that dress with you. I think that is the kind of dress that is like the magical "traveling pants"...it would probably transform into the most perfect dress on earth for whoever was wearing it.

Sabrina said...

P.S.

Chandler...real cute.

Post a Comment