Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lazy Daze

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. You haven't heard from me these past two days because I have an affliction: laziness and lack of inspiration.

However, all that's changed. I'm going to give you a sneak preview of my Love item for October's edition of skirt!:



A friend/co-worker and I were discussion the construction of this necklace (essentially strings of beads sewn to ribbon and...that's about it.) and we've decided we'll probably start a side business of ripping off designer accessories and charging a fraction of the price (the above necklace originally retailed for $285).

I thought I'd follow along the lines of this season (5) of Project Runway contestants who essentially rip off runway designs and are awarded with praise for being original.

Illustrations:

Kenley's winning design in episode 3:


Balenciaga Spring 2008:


Suede's design in episode 4:


Miu Miu, Spring/Summer 2008:


On the note of rip-offs and the above Miu Miu dress, one of my favorite Swedish bloggers, Sandra, had her seamstress make a custom version of it. I think I like hers better than the original!


So, on the theme of rip-offs, has anyone spotted any good ones, on Project Runway or otherwise? If you could create a rip-off of a design, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment