Monday, September 29, 2008

My feathers are ruffled.

I LOVE ruffles. It takes normal items of clothing and steps up the romance, drama and femininity. I would wear ruffles on skirts, blouses coats, dressed (not all at the same time, of course). So I was thrilled when I opened Daily Candy this morning and learned about Caroline Hedaya.

Ruffles are used in almost all of her pieces, but only in moderation, to add a touch of something extra to an otherwise simple silhouette.

Here are some of my favorite looks from her Fall 2008 collection:




Check out her adorable Spring 2009 looks at her website, or purchase her clothes at Lisa Kline.

2 comments:

Quintessential_Laura said...

I'm loving ruffles right now too and am so glad to see them everywhere! (Anthro has them ON EVERYTHING literally). I'm also trying to build a 'professional' wardrobe and hate the cliche look of a suit and boring button up top. But a suit with ruffles is a whole other story so I'm really glad they're in right now. This is my newest favorite ruffle top I bought the other week :
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=/qid=/ref=br_1_br_1_1/601-9047010-3033763?ie=UTF8&node=699152011&frombrowse=1&asin=B001DDA2DI&rh=&page=1

I'm trying to find the perfect men's blazer/tuxedo jacket to go with it.

Sabrina said...

I love the idea for the blazer/tuxedo jacket...the hard edge serves as a perfect balance for ruffles.

Post a Comment