Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Writer's Block.

I feel like my blog has not been the most thrilling thing lately. It's all: "Here's what I bought. Here's this song I like. Watch this trailer." The thing is, I'm trying very hard to fight from making this blog sound like my middle school diary or my high school/college Live Journal (a caveat for the curious: a lot of it is really, really cheesy...even for me). The fact is, I'm spending more and more time living in my head and not in the real world. I wake up to music and fall asleep to music because lyrics ("Stars, hide your fires. Please hear my desires and I won't give them up to you this time around") and beats make my heart race and my cheeks flush and a girl needs a little bit of that in her life, you know? If this blog were a diary, it would be all hearts and curlicues in the margin and we don't need that, do we? 

Instead of me complaining about blog content, let's just dance to Billie Holiday instead:

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I, for one, always really enjoyed your live journal and would love to see some more of your writing - you are so talented.

Sabrina said...

Thanks, Lauren. It's been so long since I've written, I think it would be good to get back into practice.

Post a Comment