Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things that charm me today.

* Asian plum white tea...I'm addicted
* Another adorable illustrated Missed Connection
* Printable vintage ephemera
* MGMT's "Kids" covered on ukuleles.
* "I love you more than all the stars" decal...makes me want a chalkboard wall, too.
* These blue wingtips...I love vintage-looking men's footwear
* Today's "Writer's Almanac" was perfect. Wesley McNair's poem "Waving Goodbye" was sad and gorgeous--the end, especially:
Yet in that moment
before she and all the others and we ourselves
turn back to our disparate lives, how
extraordinary it is that we make this small flag
with our hands to show the closeness we wish for
in spite of what pulls us apart again
and again: the porch light snapping off,
the car picking its way down the road through the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment