Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some things I'm alllllll about.

A friend sent me this video the other day and I can't stop watching it.



This poem makes me fall in love with Edna St. Vincent Millay, all over again. (Thanks, Faith, for posting this and reminding me of why Edna is the bomb.)

"Sonnet II"

Time does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side,
And last year’s leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year’s bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide!

There are a hundred places where I fear
To go, — so with his memory they brim!
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell his foot or shone his face
I say, “There is no memory of him here!”
And so stand stricken, so remembering him!


Faith issued a challenge a while ago about posting a favorite poem, since April is National Poetry Month, and here's mine (I know that everyone knows this poem, but I adore it):

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

~ee cummings

Coco avant Chanel is about to be released in France and will hopefully hit the U.S. shortly after that.

I saw this photo in The New York Times and gasped with glee:


Here's the trailer (en Francais):


My friends came into town a few weekends ago, and one of those friends took a photo that I adore:

Maya tasting my foot.


David took the picture. Click HERE to see more of the wonderful things he captures.


Does anyone have any things that they are alllllll about?

No comments:

Post a Comment