Monday, July 19, 2010

Sounds in the Holy City.

Anyone who knew me in high school knows of my love for Jump, Little Children. I would listen to songs like "Close Your Eyes" and "B-13" over and over (and don't even get me started on "Dancing Virginia"). Though the band is no longer together, it's so exciting to learn about the new projects they're working on as individuals.

I just learned that Jay Clifford (the former lead singer of Jump) teamed up with Josh Kaler (from the band Slow Runner) to form a recording studio in downtown Charleston called Hello Telescope (check out their sweet new website, designed by Fuzzco). You can read more about Hello Telescope and some of Charleston's other fab recording studios in this Charleston City Paper article.

And on that note, here are my two favorite songs from Jump's last few albums:

 



I'm so proud of this city and all the talented people that live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment