Friday, July 18, 2008

Indochine.

Yesterday I was feeling a little under the weather. Since I'm a bit of an escapist, nothing makes me feel better than being transported to a different place and time, and that's exactly what Indochine did...it transported me.


Finding stills of this movie was difficult, but trust me that the cinematography is incredible...as are the costumes and decor of Catherine Deneuve's character, Éliane Devries.

Here's Deneuve in just a few of her stunning costumes. After watching this film, I was tempted to toss out everything in my closet, with the exception of crisp, white button-downs and high-waisted skirts, and to go out and purchase some dramatic wide-brimmed hats.








I'll leave you with the tango scene from the film...what better way to illustrate a power struggle than through this dance!

2 comments:

Nikki Hardin said...

one of my top favorite movies!

Sabrina said...

I see why! It really was a stunning film.

Post a Comment