Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wish List

Paul Frank Blues Explosion Eyeglasses


Acupuncture to get rid of my sugar addiction.


A house in Wagener Terrace, for under $200,000, that we can fix up and customize to have exactly as we want it.
(Like this one on Gordon Street...which is probably infested with termites or haunted, for the price it's listed at.)


Lottery winnings or an unexpected inheritance of about $350,000--I could pay for the house and repairs, get a hybrid and say goodbye to the Camry, and finally say goodbye to the dregs of my student loan. To bad I don't play the lottery and have no long-lost wealthy, ailing relatives.


from CarForum.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That house looks very similar to my house...except my house would probably cost you just over $100,000. Care to move in with us?

Anonymous said...

perhaps the house is infested with termites AND haunted. cause that house looks like a house my friends wanted to buy in WT when i was graduating in '03 only it was too expensive then....

Sabrina said...

Christina and Faith...

This house has dropped about $20,000 in just about 3 months...from $179,999 to $154,900, where it is now.

Chan and I walked around it and it probably needs a new roof, definitely needs central air and probably a thousand other things. I'm still watching it, though...

Anonymous said...

As food for thought, studies are showing that purchasing and driving a Prius does more environmental damage than would a Hummer.

The raw materials used for the computer parts and the fact that they ship them around the globe about twice really kills any gas-saving value they might have.

Hummers are still evil, mind you. They are evil on every level whereas the Prius is a great idea, poorly executed.

I'd advise you to do some research on the environmental damage that producing cars cost. Most people would do better to keep their current car in good shape rather than discard the old car in hopes for a new one that only only minimally better.

That was a long and rambling way to say hello, I think. Sorry, I live in the land of the environmentally-militant.

So, in short: Hi, I stop by sometimes to see what you're up to.

-Mel

Sabrina said...

Mel--

Thanks for all the info. I certainly won't be buying a new car anytime soon. I can't afford it! My Camry may well live longer than I do, anyway.

I definitely need to do research on hybrids. Maybe by the time I need a car, the US will be carrying those compressed air cars people are starting to drive in Japan.

Post a Comment