Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beep Beep

Ever since Chandler and I ever talked about moving to Charleston, he's mentioned wanting to sell one of our cars and buy two scooters. I've been in love with them ever since I saw Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn zooming around Rome on one in Roman Holiday. Now, with barf-inducingly high gas prices settling in on us, the idea is even more tempting.

Here are some of my dream scooter babies:


Vespa LX 150:

$4,399

Vespa LXV:

$5,199

Vespa GTS 250:

$5,999

Vespa GTV:

$6,899

Really, I would take almost any Vespa model. I love how they stay so true to the vintage details, chic colors, and the gorgeous shapes of these machines.

I also wouldn't object to these...

Sym Mio:


Honda Metropolitan:



$2,049

I must mention that I am accepting donations.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love scooters and i really wanted one on miami beach. but the problems with having a scooter on miami beach are the same as charleston.
1. when it rains, it floods. and is not fun to ride in.
2. they are really easily stolen.

that being said i want an orange and white vespa. i used to admire a very cute italian guy that drove a vespa.

davidwinton said...

gts 250. buy it. i will visit you a lot. to hang out. and hold your scooter.

i'm cathy. said...

crap. now I want one.
i'm going to the scooter store here in carrboro on saturday.

Post a Comment