Friday, May 2, 2008

A list of failed lists.

I have made approximately 37 blog posts for today that I have ditched. Here's why:

I made a list about the things I dislike and it was so long that I realized I am an extremely negative person who must see the bad in everything.

I made a list of my bad habits and realized that all of the little habits sum up to one big thing--apparently part of me thinks that everything on earth orbits around me. My list of bad habits sounded like the DSM-IV's criteria for a personality disorder (namely Narcissistic, Histrionic, or Borderline).

I made a list of the things I love about Charleston and I realized I sounded like a fanatical tour guide with a slight celebrity obsession (that's right, I namedropped Stephen Colbert, Bill Murray, Band of Horses, Spoleto, The Notebook, The Patriot and more).

I made a list of things I love about summer and the majority of the list items were cocktails(bloody marys, daiquiris, margaritas, gin and tonics, bellinis, mimosas) and I sounded like an alcoholic. (In my own defense, the other list items were foods...but it's mainly because drinking and dining is a social event, and what is better in the summer than sharing food and drinks with friends?!)

I fail at list-making. Who sees the irony in this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment