Thursday, October 25, 2007

And another thing...



I looked it up, and I was 11 years old when this song came out. I watched this video countless times, thinking that these men were possibly the sexiest beings that ever existed.

This is my message to 11-year-old me:

"What. the. hell."

If you scan forward to 2:53 into the song, they each dance in front of a silvery screen. It is one of the most bizarre moments in music video history. Why is that guy with the fur hat dancing like that? Why does Robbie Williams whip his coat off? Why in the world are they singing with rain in their faces? Why don't they go inside and have a nice cup of tea like good English boys instead of weeping in the rain together for their old girlfriends?

Quote from Wikipedia:
"On 13 February 1996, Take That announced that they were splitting. This would break the hearts of millions of fans worldwide - to an extent that hotlines were set up around the UK to cope with fans' grief."

What was wrong with us?

Hormones. I blame it all on hormones.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA oh god. i love english boys. wow, that should start with: this is your brain on drugs. LOVE IT. now i too must do a "this is what i loved when i was dumb" entry. stay tuned.

Sabrina said...

I can't WAIT.

Post a Comment