Sunday, October 24, 2010

October thrifting.

I've embarked on a few thrifting expeditions in search of new finds to prepare seek vintage's booth at the Lowcountry Artist Market in a few weeks.

Charleston:
This lace blouse is so romantic. The only part of the whole blouse that isn't semi-sheer lace is the horizontal panel across the front. It drapes so beautifully. I'm obsessed.

I love this color blue, and the dress drapes in such a goddessy way. The gold belt is from a later thrifting expo, pictured again below.

 
This vintage Emanuel Ungaro silk dress is my favorite recent find. With a pocketed tulip skirt and the most insane shoulders, this dress is not for the faint of heart. But it's incredible, nonetheless.

This blue bean-shaped evening bag is cute and fun.

I call this the Pirate Belt. The hardware brings it to another level.

Waynesville, NC:

This dress confused me at first, but once I put it on, I loved it. I think it will look so cool this autumn, worn with black tights and black knee-high boots.


The first thing I'm always drawn to in a thrift store is anything with beading and/or sequins. These jackets would look so amazing with tight black pants and a simple white t-shirt underneath.


Camel coats seem to be the big fall/winter trend. They're all over every magazine. I accessorized this collarless, buttonless camel jacket with the belt seen below.

I love this belt. It looks like reptile scales, but the gold keeps it classy.

I can never stray from stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment