Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh Winter, Where Have You Gone?

I just turned around and realized that tomorrow is the last day of 2008. The end of a long, complicated, sometimes wonderful and sometimes terrible year. I look forward to 2009.

I just got back to blogging but I'm already taking a break due to the New Year and the celebrations and friends it brings. Chandler and I are going to have a full house through the weekend.

I can't believe that Winter Solstice has passed and the days are getting longer. It already feels like Spring with these days in the high 60s, and those freakish days right before Christmas when we were 4 degrees from 80.

Paperwhites are blooming in the backyard...I wish I had a whole yard full, instead of the random patch that grows in the middle of the yard, as if they sprouted there on a whim.

Image from EasytoGrowBulbs.com

I want to plant a bunch of bulbs and give them as gifts next Christmas.

Anyway, with all these Spring sensations, it sometimes makes me lose track of the fact that it's still Winter for a few more months. In case you're having the same problem, I'll share something that always brings me back to a Winter mindset:

"White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes:

No comments:

Post a Comment