Monday, April 28, 2008

Places to Go, People to See--Costa Rica


Costa Rica 451, originally uploaded by Tostie14.



Now that I've gotten settled in Charleston, I'm ready to go out and travel. I've devided that, over the next few days, I'm going to build a collection of my "must see" destinations?

Why Costa Rica?

* In my previous post, I made resolutions about being more environmentally aware, and Costa Rica is exactly that. They've pledged to be the first country to be carbon-neutral, and they're planning on doing so within 13 years. Not bad.
* Chandler's uncle and aunt live there and have several properties there, taking out the expense and hassle of finding a place to stay.
*They have a female Vice President.
*They were the first country to abolish their army.
* The minor perks of the country: beaches, tropical weather (I have never been anywhere tropical before!), lush landscapes, etc.
* Why the heck not?

No comments:

Post a Comment