Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh these days of spring, full of madness...

Spring is spring-loaded. It seems like greens, purples and yellows are popping from buds and branches and cracks in the sidewalks like tiny, beautiful explosions. I have this sudden desire to sit barefooted on my front porch while Maya watches me intensely write tangles of scribbled nonsense as she lies in the shade of the bushes.


"All of this around us'll fall over
I tell you what we're gonna do
You will shelter me, my love,
And I will shelter you"


I could write in my journal, time after time, day after day, about my struggles, my heartbreaks, and my endless insecurities. I could make a list hundreds of miles long about all of my worries and fears. But then, on a day like this, all of those things sort of crumble and all I have left is a very soft sort of hope and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment