Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Dream Girl Posse

I always talk about my "Girl Crushes." These women are the kind of women who fall in (at least) one of these categories:

a. I like their style
b. I find them to be uniquely beautiful
c. They have a talent that I envy
d. They are inspiring to me in some way
e. All of the above

I have decided to finally gather these lovely ladies here today. This list may grow or change at a moment's notice.


Zooey Deschanel


Fantastic actress, great style, singing voice that I would trade a kidney for, sings in a cabaret band called "If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies" and plays the ukelele. Need I say more?

Miranda July

Looks like a cherub, made Me and You and Everyone We Know, wrote No One Belongs Here More Than You, and is part of the art project Learning to Love You More. Not only that, but she is also part of this subscription art project called "The Thing" where an artist creates art on something usable. Miranda made a window-shade that says, "If this shade is down I'm begging your forgiveness on bended knee with tears streaming down my face." Perfect.

Mary-Louise Parker

Loved her in Fried Green Tomatoes, LOVE HER IN WEEDS. This woman is an all-around talented actress. Plus, she has overcome some serious difficulties in her personal life and seems to be all the stronger for it. I find that inspirational.

Rachel Roy

Smart as a whip, stunning, and her designs look half-modern, half-Grace Kelly.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

hel-lo! you forgot about mlp in the west wing as amy gardner!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Gardner

someone once said we were one and the same. me and amy, not me and mlp unfortunately.

Sabrina said...

I never watch The West Wing, which is why I depend on you for these details.

Post a Comment