Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mary-Louise Parker



Thanks to Netflix (my lifesaver, my lifeline, my happy ending)this woman is my new goddess. I love her.

The show, Weeds, is so incredibly awesome and hilarious.

If you don't know what it is, it's about this woman who is raising her two sons alone after her husband suddenly dies of a heart attack. When the show begins, she has already started her life as a pot dealer in this very typical California suburb, Agrestic.

When I first heard about this show, I thought, nah...this isn't for me. But I'm a huge fan of Mary-Louise, and now, with extra time on my hands and a free month of Netflix (with 4 movies at a time) I thought, "Why not try it?"

I'm so glad I did. Watching this woman try to piece her life together after an incredible loss...feeling overwhelmed and lonely, but managing, situation-by-situation, to get through it all, is actually inspiring.

I know that I, too often, find myself connecting to fictional people, but I love this woman. I want to sit down on her couch, in between her morning weed drop-off and her kid's afternoon soccer game, and pour out my life to her. And I feel like she'd understand perfectly.

And then she, her family, or one of her random friends or stoner buyers would do something hilarious and all would be right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment