Monday, July 6, 2009

Big wheels keep on turnin'....

I am finally back in Charleston! What a trip we had. I will show you pictorially.

We stopped at a fireworks place in Tennessee.
They had a ferris wheel.


It was very pro-America.


Elephants are pro-America too.


Then in Wisconsin, I spent much time with my cousins.

Gavin and his bird whistle.


I took more photos of him than anything or anyone else on this trip.


Tallullah is a teenager in a 9-year-old's body. She and Elvis are both smiling for the camera.


A frog in bunny's clothing. The bunny ear hand belongs to Gabriel who I don't have many photos of, because he was busy trying to WWF wrestle my father the entire trip.


Gavin and Elvis.


A great thing about Wisconsin is that it feels so American. White farmhouses with bright red barns, tons of green fields...people drinking beer and Coca-Cola and eating hot dogs and grilling out and having apple pie with ice cream. It's amazing. Like a postcard.

Lake house time!

Sister and cousins playing bocce. Look at those dappled oaks. Are those oaks?


Lake swimming!


Down the dock, one by one.


We wandered around Third Ward in downtown Milwaukee. I love the font of the signs everywhere.



And remember how I said that everything in Wisconsin seems so American? Red, white and blue everywhere.




Until, you wander into some famous sausage shop and are reminded that Germans are EVERYWHERE in Wisconsin. (My family is proof of that.)
The sausage-making elves. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment