Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I am currently devouring this book:



It's by the same author who wrote the biography of Zelda Fitzgerald that I adored.

Though I've always loved her poetry, I knew practically nothing about her as a person. She was an enigma...people were falling over themselves to be near her and it seems that the whole nation was in love with her.





Even though she wasn't conventionally beautiful, she had charm, natural flirtatiousness and wit, and then that wonderful je ne sais quoi that must be vital to enchant as many people as she did. And not only that, but she was brilliant. She could just sit down and churn out work--amazing things.

This biography is so good that I'm rationing it out...I only allow myself to read a few chapters every day. I'm going to be so sad when I've finished it. I need to find another interesting person to read about. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment