Monday, January 9, 2012

A new year and a new year.

So, it's 2012, and as of this weekend, I am 28 years old. This is the first time I have ever been a little bit scared for a birthday. Everyone I've told this to over the age of 28 has told me to shut up, but everyone younger than 28 has nodded furiously with furrowed brows. I am now in the middle of my late 20s, and it's weird. But that's OK! It really is! That's what I've been telling myself in the mirror each morning for the past few days.

On my birthday, we threw a Celebration Party to group together Housewarming, Christmas, New Years, and me getting closer to being middle-aged, and this is a little of what it looked like:



Over my nearly five years here (has it really been that long?), I've met such fun people. It was really neat to get them all together in the same place. I actually probably wasn't that good of a hostess, because I was having too much fun playing Mario Kart and making s'mores outside. Hopefully everyone else had a good evening, because, for me, it was a perfect way to ring in my 28th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment