Late night thoughts about...boys. (What else?)
*Style. Mine: If I hold up two dresses and ask you, "Which one should I wear?" You better pick one, and have a good reason for it ("I like your rack in that one" never hurts.). If you give a half-assed response such as, "You look good in everything," I will fight you. That is not a compliment. It's laziness. Also, you aren't allowed to be mad when I inevitably go with the other dress. Bonus points if you take even a tiny interest in my style. Yours: fitted dark denim, classic looks, and a tattoo or two would not be judged negatively. Also, be able to grow facial hair.
* Music. Know a lot of it and a lot about it. More than me. All kinds. Old-school R&B is non-negotiable.
* Movies. Lots of these. If you don't do subtitles, get out now.
* Humor. Mandatory. Laughter is way sexier than...well, than a lot of things. Making me laugh is hugely important. If you think I'm a little bit funny, then this deal is sealed.
* Nerdiness. Also mandatory. Dudes who care about things totally do it for me. Please read books. Please.
* Dates. I could not care less about Valentine's day, red roses, or steak dinners. Be prepared for lots of laziness: bottles of wine and endless albums on a Sunday night, or heads bowed together over crossword puzzles (in pen!) in the corner of a coffee shop. Also aimless walks and talks. Tons of those.
* Dogs. Must be a dog person, or at the very least, a Maya person.
* Friends. Treat me slightly better than yours, and adore mine just slightly less than I do. I will do the same for you and yours.
* Miscellany. Be able to: open jars, untangle my really tangled necklaces, stay calm if I cry (not often, but it happens), drive stick-shift, make conversation with my family, tolerate my personal dramatics, have street smarts (I am too naive), be slightly more realistic than me.
This is probably why I haven't been in a serious relationship for a while. But what can I say? I like being overly specific. If it were up to my Oma, any ole doctor or lawyer would do ("And if you don't like them that much, their jobs will keep them so busy that they'll barely be home anyway."). Oh well.