Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's my girl Jane Austen's birthday.

Happy 235th birthday, Jane!



"The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!" ~Sense and Sensibility

"It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do." ~Sense and Sensibility

"If I could but know his heart, everything would become easy." ~Sense and Sensibility

"Sometimes the last person on earth you want to be with is the one person you can't be without." ~Pride and Prejudice

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us." ~Pride and Prejudice

"The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it." ~Pride and Prejudice


I really think that Jane Austen's birthday should be a national holiday for single girls. This day would be celebrated by having the day off from work, sleeping in, watching Jane Austen film adaptations, and drinking Earl Grey tea. All in a big sweater and yoga pants. Yup, sounds like a perfect mid-December holiday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment