Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A new project.

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

Amanda was telling me about this project and I think it's pretty fantastic. You sign up (there's a $25 fee) and pick a theme. Then you get sent a blank sketchbook and have until January 15, 2011 to fill the pages. After that, the books will go on tour (Portland, ME; Brooklyn, NY; Washington, DC; Atlanta, GA; Winter Park, FL; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA) and people will be able to view them. Each sketchbook will receive a barcode so that creators can track their sketchbooks as they travel across the country, seeing when and where their books are viewed.

I think this project will be a great way to reignite those creative parts of my brain that have been getting dusty with disuse. Let me know if anyone else signs up--it would be fun to know that we're all in this together.

2 comments:

Sara Logan Photo said...

a. i LOVE this idea. b. i'm dying to know what theme you chose. c. i'll let you know for sure, but pretty sure i'm in. thanks for sharing.

Sabrina said...

That's the most difficult part! I can't decide which theme. I am most drawn to "secret codes" but I'm afraid I'd run out of ideas. "Boys and girls" is probably the most doable one, in my mind.

Post a Comment