Thursday, August 19, 2010

(500) [More] Days of Summer

About a year ago, I went to see (500) Days of Summer. Like many other people who saw it, I was charmed by the story, the adorable characters, and the amazing soundtrack. Last August, when I watched that movie I was something of a heartbroken mess. I totally identified with Tom Hansen's despair and reminiscing, and whatnot (even though I put in about 2,000 more days than him).

Well, thanks to possibly the coolest Comcast customer service rep ever, I now have a bajillion (yes, I counted) channels of movies. Because of this, I got to see (500) Days of Summer again and gosh-darn if I didn't have all sorts of flashbacks to last summer.

What's miraculous about humanity is how capable we are of bouncing back from crazy, crazy shit. I wish I could go back in time to that mopey girl in the movie theatre and tell her, "Listen, when people tell you you're going to get over this, they aren't lying. P.S. In a few weeks you're totally going to make out with a Scottish dude."

This is going to sound terribly cheesy (what the heck is new?) but the movie was a tiny part of what snapped me back into myself. Weirdly enough, it was mostly because of this song, which I'd never heard before the film. Now it's on cell phone commercials, movie trailers, and just about everything else, but I still love it because it's one of those songs that makes me feel a sense of anticipation or possibility, or something. Tingles down my spine. That's what.



True fact: great friends, high heels and perfume, and "Sweet Disposition" by Temper Trap cure all manner of ills.

Edited to add:
If you haven't downloaded the amazing mash-up of Lil Wayne + (500) Days of Summer soundtrack, you need to. Immediately. Download (500) Days of Weezy here. Here's my favorite mash-up on the album:

1 comment:

Kelly Love said...

I loved this movie - had the soundtrack from iTunes for months before I saw it and still can't decide which I like better. One of the best soundtracks I've found!

Post a Comment