Friday, June 22, 2012

Running away.

Tomorrow morning, Steven and I are packing up the car and heading up to my family's mountain house, where we'll spend a week exploring, lounging, swimming, relaxing, eating and I CAN'T WAIT. Some of my Mom's family will be coming from Wisconsin and elsewhere to do the same. I am looking forward to nights around the bonfire, drinking beer and listening to my uncles, who are pretty fantastic storytellers.  I'm treating this week like summer camp. I'm packing books, my camera, ratty bathing suits, every pair of shorts I own, and maybe even my old journal to jot down ideas.

We're leaving first thing so that we can take our time getting there. Steven and I really enjoy taking the long way to so we get the chance to stop in small towns and peek into dusty shop windows, hoping to make a discovery. I'm also planning lots of small day trips to mountain town thrift shops and antique stores to look for the perfect pieces for Inherited.


See ya later, civilization! We're hitting the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment