Wednesday, January 30, 2008

She & Him

She


&

Him


Are doing an album together as, yes, you guessed it: "She & Him."

Volume I comes out March 2008 and when that time comes, I will be one happy girl.

Zooey sometimes makes me want to throw up. She's adorable, she's been in some fantastic films with incredible actors, and she has got this amazing voice. If I could choose a voice to come out of my lips when I sing, it would be hers.

Night after night, I've prayed to God: "Dear God, could you please give me a voice that slips out of my lips like a mixture of smoke and honey?" God repeatedly answered with a profound, "No." Sometimes I wish I were tone-deaf, so at least I could fool myself into thinking I had an amazing voice. Instead, I am clearly able to distinguish that my voice sounds like...well, just like a not-very-good voice.

At least God put wonderful Zooey and extremely talented M.Ward on earth, who fill my ears with the gorgeous music my own mouth will never produce.



Check out this post at Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands. His blog even has links to where you can download some of their beautiful duets! I have, and they're GREAT.

Or go to Merge Records to download "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"

2 comments:

HollyG said...

I KNOW!!!! I'm a little too excited. I love Zooey and wish that she would tour with If All The Stars Were Pretty Babies. I will be buying this CD the day it comes out. Zooey to me brings such class and old-Hollywood sophistication, combined with a very modern quirkiness. If I knew her, I think we'd be friends.
PS love your blog, added to you my daily reads!

Sabrina said...

It is one of my great dreams that If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies would record an album or show up in Charleston and do a surprise set somewhere. I'd love it, forever and ever. I'm glad you like my blog! I took sort of a hiatus, but I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things.

Post a Comment