Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Holidays?

People are saying "Happy Holidays" already, seeing as how Thanksgiving is a mere week away, and Christmas music has been playing in Banana Republic and other stores for at least two or three weeks now.

Yet, as much as I love Charleston's balmy weather, it's totally throwing me off. To me, it feels like late September has lasted for over two months. Even though I'm already making realistic and fantasy Christmas wish lists, overall I feel completely in denial that Christmas is just over a month away.

Here are some things that are helping me get into the holiday spirit despite the mild weather:

  • Anthropologie's Snow House, and the outfits that go in it.
  • The song "All That I Want" by The Weepies...it's a Christmas song, but I secretly listen to it throughout the year because it's so sweet.
  • Lake Champlain Chocolates' Aztec Hot Chocolate.
  • Seeing my family...I used to visit them at least one weekend a month, but it's been over four months since I've seen them! Six days until they're here!
  • Watching the Christmas decorations go up around downtown.
Oh, 2oo9, where have you gone? I feel like someone's holding down the fast-forward button on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment