Friday, May 15, 2009

Hey, Kitten.

Another little treasure I stumbled across:




I know, I know. A yellow ceramic cat? So '70s. While I'm not normally a fan of kitsch, I think this little kitten could look quite sweet perched on a bookshelf or on a table somewhere.

Jonathan Adler, the king of chic ceramic animals, inspired this buy. I love how a little animal on a shelf adds just a bit of fun to a room. Design doesn't have to be boring, people.





West Elm is also going with the animal trend:



While it looks like the "in" ceramic animal color is white, I like my little kitten in a bright, cheery yellow. It's such a great accent color (and is Pantone's "Color of the Year" for interior design). You can't help but feel a little happier after looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment