Monday, August 11, 2008

OK, I SWEAR...the last movie post for a while.

I just needed to talk about this movie, though. I promise that I have a (very small) life outside of sitting on my couch and watching DVDs. It's just that I am passionate about being lazy.



While some reviewers have found it bland, I liked it for several reasons:

* It was a simple story--a modern fairy tale--that had a cute message (Learn to love yourself). I want my mom to see it, my sister to see it, and my best friend to see it, and I feel like they'd all enjoy it.
* The cinematography is obviously largely inspired by Amelie. I see that as a good thing.
* Penelope's playroom/bedroom is AMAZING. I would want that room now. If you watch the movie, keep your eyes open for all the incredible, tiny details in this room. There is just the tinist glimpse in this photo:

*James McAvoy is in it.


If you do watch this film, go into it only expecting a lighthearted, modern fairytale with storybook colors and characters and a positive message, and you won't be disappointed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your movie reviews, and I REALLY want to see this one.

Post a Comment